• Wednesday, 10 July 2024

Number of foreign tourists up by 19.3% in first four months of 2024: statistics 

Number of foreign tourists up by 19.3% in first four months of 2024: statistics 

Skopje, 11 June 2024 (MIA) - The number of tourists in April 2024 was 81.752, of which 23.0% were domestic tourists and 77.0% were foreign tourists. The number of nights spent in April 2024 was 151.720, of which 28.8% were realised by domestic and the other 71.2% by foreign tourists, said the State Statistical Office on Tuesday.

In the period January – April 2024, compared to the same period last year, the number of tourists increased by 15.3%: the number of domestic tourists increased by 7.4%, while that of foreign tourists increased by 19.3%.

In the period January – April 2024, compared to the same period last year, the number of nights spent increased by 15.2%: the number of nights spent by domestic tourists increased by 15.0%, while those by foreign tourists increased by 15.4%. 

Photo: MIA Archive