• Tuesday, 23 July 2024

February records increase in number of tourists: statistics

February records increase in number of tourists: statistics

Skopje, 12 April 2024 (MIA) – The number of tourists rose by 7.9% in February compared to the same month last year and the number of nights spent increased by 7.7%, statistical data show.

According to the data of the State Statistical Office, a total of 44,224 tourists were recorded in February 2024, including 39.0% of domestic tourists and 61.0% of foreign tourists.

“The number of nights spent in February 2024 was 89,362, of which 44.7% are realised by domestic and the other 55.3% are realised by foreign tourists,” said the press release.

In the period from January until February, compared to the same period in 2023, the number of tourists increased by 9% and the number of night spent by 11.6%. 

Photo: MIA archive