- Wednesday, January 11, 2017 8:49 AM
Tirana, 11 January 2017 (MIA) - Montenegrin Foreign Minister Srgjan Darmanovic said that the unresolved border demarcation with Kosovo is an internal matter for the Kosovans to settle. Darmanovic was speaking during his visit to Albania, where he said that Montenegro overall good relations with Kosovo.
"The issue of border demarcation is not a problem for us. It is an issue that is up to political forces in Kosovo to resolve. It's their internal problem", Darmanovic said at a joint press conference with Albanian Foreign Minister Ditmir Bushati.
Montenegro and Kosovo reached an agreement on border demarcation, but Kosovan opposition parties protested it, saying that it cedes land to Montenegro. Violent protests erupted around and inside the Kosovo Parliament to block the ratification of the treaty. This has affected the planned membership in NATO for Montenegro, which was approved by all NATO countries but is still being ratified.cc/08:48
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:56 PM | Macedonia getting closer to solving name row: Zaev tells AFP
Macedonia has never been closer to solving its 25-year name row with Greece, but even if it fails Sk...
- 4:43 PM | After its successful premiere, Year of the Monkey to play in Cineplexx theaters
Year of the Monkey, the new Macedonian feature film written and directed by Vladimir Blaževski and p...
- 3:57 PM | Minister: Macedonia used to have excellent immunization, but not anymore
At an event promoting World Immunization in the City Park on Saturday, Health Minister Venko Filipce...
- 3:52 PM | Gov't provides funds for sewer and water supply systems across Macedonia
Nearly EUR 17 million will be invested in the construction of sewer and water supply systems across ...
- 3:02 PM | PM Zaev: I'll appear as witness in 'Monster' trial if asked
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev said Saturday that he would appear as a witness in the 'Monster' trial if ...