- Monday, November 04, 2013 3:30 PM
Tirana, 4 November 2013 (MIA) - Greek President Karolos Papoulias and Albanian counterpart Bujar Nishani referred to the Macedonia name issue at Monday's meeting in Tirana.
"A mutually acceptable name with a geographic qualifier and for all uses must be found. I support the initiative over name 'Slav-Albanian Macedonia'", said Papoulias, reads the on-line edition of Tirana daily "Shekulli".
At the meeting, Papoulias voiced strong support for Albania's European integration, saying the Greek minority in Albania and vice versa represent a bridge connecting the two countries. ik/15:22
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 6:00 PM | Turkish lawmakers approve early elections
Turkey's parliament has approved holding the country's presidential and parliamentary elections a ye...
- 5:59 PM | Macedonian and Bulgarian parliamentary committees pledge to cooperate
Parliament's Committee on European Affairs and the Committee on European Affairs and Oversight of th...
- 5:21 PM | EU, IMF mull Greek debt relief; no talks on bailout extension
The euro zone and International Monetary Fund are discussing options for future debt relief for Gree...
- 4:47 PM | Hoxha: Cultural and Information Center of Macedonia to open in Tirana
At its 64. session, the Macedonian government adopted a decision to sign a contract with the Council...
- 4:44 PM | DM Sekerinska expects staunch US support of Macedonia’s accession to NATO
Defense Minister Radmila Sekerinska expects staunch US support of Macedonia’s accession to NATO. Spe...