- Friday, August 29, 2014 2:56 PM
Skopje, 29 August 2014 (MIA) - Agriculture, lumber, furniture and construction were some of the economic areas that caused most interest in the business forum organized between the Macedonian Chamber of Commerce and the Regional Industrial Chamber from the Turkish south-western city of Isparta. Some 30 Turkish and Macedonian businessmen gathered at the forum in Skopje.
- This is our first time in Macedonia. It's an excellent opportunity to meet each other. There is potential for cooperation, and we consider your country as very close friends. We hope to have a return visit so your businessmen can also evaluate our potential, the president of the Managing board of the Turkish chamber Shukru Bashdegirmen said.
Isparta and the surrounding region are best known for its mineral and marble wealth, the production of concrete and construction materials, rose extracts for industrial use, apples, cherries, chemicals and textile.
- We produce 65 percent of the World's rose oil used for pharmaceuticals, and our lumber industry is one of the leading in Turkey. We also produce 700.000 tons of apples, out of the total of 3 million tons produced in Turkey, Bashdegirmen added.
Macedonia currently exports goods worth 80 million dollars into the Isparta region, which has total exports of 234 million dollars. The whole of Turkey ranks as 8th trade partner for Macedonia.
- There is an 18,8 percent growth in the Macedonian trade exchange with Turkey in the first six months of 2014. Both imports and exports are growing. We find that to be a good trend that tells us both the economic and the political cooperation, set by the two Governments, are going in the right direction, Jelisaveta Georgievska, the executive manager of the Macedonian Chamber of Commerce, said.cc/14:55
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:43 PM | Football fan group ‘Komiti’ seeks justice for its late member Nikola Sazdovski
Members and supporters of football fan group ‘Komiti’ took to streets of Skopje late Monday to marc...
- 8:15 PM | Trump and Putin vow reset in ties
Presidents Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin vowed a fresh start to troubled relations between the wor...
- 6:34 PM | Russian embassy says Zaev statement 'politically irresponsible'
The Skopje-based Russian Embassy said Monday the statement of Prime Minister Zoran Zaev that Russian...
- 5:29 PM | EUR 180,000 for celebration of Macedonia’s NATO membership invitation across the country
The budget expenditure for celebrating Macedonia’s NATO membership invitation in 15 cities across th...
- 5:14 PM | Turkey stops registering Syrian refugees: HRW
Turkish authorities have stopped registering "all but a handful" of newly-arrived Syrian refugees, d...