- Thursday, December 14, 2017 5:01 PM
Skopje, 14 December 2017 (MIA) - A construction of Beljakovce-Kriva Palanka 34km-long railway section - the second part of Macedonia-Bulgaria rail link - will kick off next year as the EU approved EUR 68,6 million grant for this purpose, Transport and Communication Minister Goran Sugarevski said on Thursday.
The project should be finalized by the end of 2021, Sugarevski said. The construction of Macedonia-Bulgaria rail link is divided into three steps and financed through an EBRD and EIB loan and IPA funds.
The construction of the first 30,8-km section of Macedonia-Bulgaria rail link is underway. A total of EUR 43.5 million is provided for this section, the Minister said, notifying that a project is being drafted for the third one - Kriva Palanka-Bulgarian border.
For the realization of this and other infrastructure projects it is important for Macedonia to become a member of the Western Balkan Transport Community, Sugarevski said, expressing belief that the Parliament would ratify the agreement to that effect in the next few days. lk/17:01
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:51 PM | Macedonia's Alagjozovski to attend informal conference of culture ministers in Davos
Ahead of the World Economic Forum, an informal conference for the ministers of culture from the sign...
- 4:11 PM | Mass protest in Thessaloniki against use of 'Macedonia' in name dispute with Skopje
Thousands of people, carrying banners with messages 'Macedonia was, will be Greek'; 'The name is our...
- 3:00 PM | There is room for improvement of language bill - French Ambassador Thimonier
French Ambassador Christian Timonie believes he isn't the only one who has failed to understand the ...
- 1:55 PM | Taliban claims responsibility for deadly assault at Kabul hotel
An Afghan official says an assault on the Intercontinental Hotel in Kabul has ended after more than ...
- 1:49 PM | Greek PM Tsipras: If there is an opportunity for a solution, it would be a national stupidity not to make good use of it
Under the title 'If there is an opportunity for a solution, it would be a national stupidity not to ...