- Wednesday, January 11, 2017 5:46 PM
Skopje, 11 January 2017 (MIA) - SDSM leader Zoran Zaev and Germany's Ambassador to Macedonia Christine Althauser discussed Wednesday on the need for democratic processes in the country to resume and a new, reform-oriented government to be formed, the party said in a press release.
'A majority of the citizens of Macedonia voiced support for a democratic country against a regime...Citizens have voted for changes and now they expect better life and prosperous country,' Zaev said at the meeting.
Zaev and Althauser also reviewed the reports of the European Commission and Reinhard Priebe, discussing in particular the need of judicial reform and completion of the work of the Special Prosecutor's Office in favor of restoring the rule of law in the country, the press release reads. lk/17:45
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:56 PM | NATO looks ahead to Montenegro membership
Montenegro's accession to the alliance is complete and the Balkan country will join at Thursday's le...
- 4:43 PM | Macedonia honors St. Cyril in Rome
A service of intercession was held Wednesday on the tomb of St. Cyril at the Basilica of Saint Cleme...
- 3:55 PM | Macedonian and Russian Presidents call for resumption of good economic cooperation
Macedonia holds to its strategic goals, championing friendly relations, cooperation and mutual respe...
- 2:56 PM | Mogherini: Meeting with Western Balkan PMs aims to improve their future cooperation
The informal dinner later today with 'Prime Ministers and PM-designate of six Balkan countries', aim...
- 1:27 PM | Putin: Political situation in Macedonia to develop in line with Constitution
Official Moscow has been closely monitoring the developments in Macedonia. It wishes for the politic...