- Wednesday, January 11, 2017 1:08 PM
Belgrade, 11 January 2017 (MIA) - The Serbian War Crimes Prosecution has decided to expand the indictment against former KLA (Kosovo Liberation Army) leader Ramush Haradinaj.
The decision was made because the Prosecution has new evidence, N1 broadcaster has reported.
The evidence concerns Haradninaj's responsibility for war crimes committed in Kosovo that were not previously considered by the Hague Tribunal, and represent an addition to the evidence already submitted to France.
Serbia is seeking Haradinaj's extradition from France, where he was arrested last week.
The new evidence will be sent to the French court dealing with the case as soon as it has been translated into French - which is expected to happen before the end of this week. ik/13:07
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 8:36 PM | UN envoy Nimetz to visit Skopje on 1-4 July
The UN special envoy for the talks between Macedonia and Greece on the name issue, Matthew Nimetz, w...
- 7:52 PM | Trump accepts invitation for Bastille Day visit to France
US President Donald Trump has accepted an invitation from his French counterpart Emmanuel Macron to ...
- 7:12 PM | Ahmeti: Majority of our requirements included in government's programme
DUI leader Ali Ahmeti said after Wednesday's meeting with parliamentary parties of ethnic Albanians ...
- 6:50 PM | Future of the EU-27 is priority in Brexit negotiations, Merkel says
Germany and its European Union peers will conduct divorce talks with Britain in a friendly fashion, ...
- 6:47 PM | Security tops agenda as Cyprus peace talks resume
Rival sides in Cyprus' decades-old dispute have exchanged some "creative ideas" on bridging differen...