- Wednesday, January 11, 2017 1:08 PM
Belgrade, 11 January 2017 (MIA) - The Serbian War Crimes Prosecution has decided to expand the indictment against former KLA (Kosovo Liberation Army) leader Ramush Haradinaj.
The decision was made because the Prosecution has new evidence, N1 broadcaster has reported.
The evidence concerns Haradninaj's responsibility for war crimes committed in Kosovo that were not previously considered by the Hague Tribunal, and represent an addition to the evidence already submitted to France.
Serbia is seeking Haradinaj's extradition from France, where he was arrested last week.
The new evidence will be sent to the French court dealing with the case as soon as it has been translated into French - which is expected to happen before the end of this week. ik/13:07
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:56 PM | NATO looks ahead to Montenegro membership
Montenegro's accession to the alliance is complete and the Balkan country will join at Thursday's le...
- 4:43 PM | Macedonia honors St. Cyril in Rome
A service of intercession was held Wednesday on the tomb of St. Cyril at the Basilica of Saint Cleme...
- 3:55 PM | Macedonian and Russian Presidents call for resumption of good economic cooperation
Macedonia holds to its strategic goals, championing friendly relations, cooperation and mutual respe...
- 2:56 PM | Mogherini: Meeting with Western Balkan PMs aims to improve their future cooperation
The informal dinner later today with 'Prime Ministers and PM-designate of six Balkan countries', aim...
- 1:27 PM | Putin: Political situation in Macedonia to develop in line with Constitution
Official Moscow has been closely monitoring the developments in Macedonia. It wishes for the politic...