- Wednesday, January 11, 2017 9:36 AM
Skopje, 11 January 2017 (MIA) - Bitola had the lowest temperatures among Macedonian cities on Wednesday morning, reaching a low of - 22 degrees Centigrade. It was followed closely by Tetovo and the Mavrovo ski resort with - 20 degrees, while the capital Skopje was also extremely cold with - 17 degrees.
Dojran and Gevgelija were relatively warmest, with temperatures dropping to - 7 degrees. Mavrovo has the most snow, with a cover of 68 centimeters. Berovo and Tetovo and most snowed in among the cities, with 30 and 28 centimeters respectively. A slight increase in temperatures is expected on Thursday, before a large wet front expected on Friday and Saturday that should bring lots of new snow.
The Automotive Association of Macedonia informs that some mountain passes and roads are closed for heavy vehicles, including a stretch of the Mavrovo - Debar road, the Kocani - Delcevo - Bulgarian border road and the Berovo - Vinica - Kocani road. Light vehicles can travel on these roads, but should use winter equipment.cc/09:35
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 5:35 PM | Xhaferi-Iotova: Macedonia-Bulgaria friendship treaty to be ratified soon
Macedonia-Bulgaria friendship treaty should be ratified soon by the Parliament of both countries, as...
- 5:01 PM | Construction of railway Beljakovce-Kriva Palanka to kick off next year - Minister
A construction of Beljakovce-Kriva Palanka 34km-long railway section - the second part of Macedonia-...
- 4:11 PM | Macedonia once again a positive Balkan example for EU and NATO integration, Sekerinska tells BBC
With the right policy and the right leadership, you can actually make the country stronger. Macedoni...
- 2:45 PM | Macedonian police gets 45 Skoda vehicles from Czech Republic
The Ambassador of the Czech Republic to Macedonia Miroslav Toman handed over Thursday €1 million wor...
- 2:29 PM | OSCE launches campaign to raise awareness on civic participation
Citizens show little to no interest to react to problems within the community. According to a 2015 I...