- Wednesday, January 11, 2017 9:36 AM
Skopje, 11 January 2017 (MIA) - Bitola had the lowest temperatures among Macedonian cities on Wednesday morning, reaching a low of - 22 degrees Centigrade. It was followed closely by Tetovo and the Mavrovo ski resort with - 20 degrees, while the capital Skopje was also extremely cold with - 17 degrees.
Dojran and Gevgelija were relatively warmest, with temperatures dropping to - 7 degrees. Mavrovo has the most snow, with a cover of 68 centimeters. Berovo and Tetovo and most snowed in among the cities, with 30 and 28 centimeters respectively. A slight increase in temperatures is expected on Thursday, before a large wet front expected on Friday and Saturday that should bring lots of new snow.
The Automotive Association of Macedonia informs that some mountain passes and roads are closed for heavy vehicles, including a stretch of the Mavrovo - Debar road, the Kocani - Delcevo - Bulgarian border road and the Berovo - Vinica - Kocani road. Light vehicles can travel on these roads, but should use winter equipment.cc/09:35
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 8:28 PM | Germany says it 'cannot tolerate' Turkey's alleged spying on lawmaker
The German government "cannot tolerate" alleged Turkish spying against a member of its national parl...
- 8:12 PM | Bundestag Committee on European Affairs voices concern over developments in Macedonia
The Committee on European Affairs of Germany's Bundestag reviewed Wednesday a report of the Ministry...
- 7:48 PM | PM Dimitriev: Macedonia is loyal EU partner and should be its member
Speaking Wednesday at the European People's Party (EPP) Congress in Malta, Prime Minister Emil Dimit...
- 6:38 PM | VMRO-DPMNE's Gruevski: We're lobbying in Malta for Macedonia's strategic interests
A delegation of VMRO-DPMNE, led by the party's leader Nikola Gruevski, attends the Congress of the E...
- 6:01 PM | FM Poposki meets Maltese counterpart Vella
Macedonia's Vice-Premier and Foreign Minister Nikola Poposki held talks Wednesday in Valletta with h...