- Wednesday, January 11, 2017 9:21 AM
Nantes, 11 January 2017 (MIA) - France and Brazil will open the World Handball Championship on Wednesday evening, that will take place in eight French cities. For the fifth time, Macedonia will be part of the elite competition, where 24 countries are divided in six groups.
The Macedonian team is in Group B based in Metz, together with Spain, Iceland, Slovenia, Angola and Tunisia. Lino Cervar's team has its first game against Tunisia on Thursday, and goes on to face Angola on the 14th.
Macedonia's best result in world championships so far was the 9th place reached in the World Championship in Qatar in 2015.cc/09:21
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 8:28 PM | Germany says it 'cannot tolerate' Turkey's alleged spying on lawmaker
The German government "cannot tolerate" alleged Turkish spying against a member of its national parl...
- 8:12 PM | Bundestag Committee on European Affairs voices concern over developments in Macedonia
The Committee on European Affairs of Germany's Bundestag reviewed Wednesday a report of the Ministry...
- 7:48 PM | PM Dimitriev: Macedonia is loyal EU partner and should be its member
Speaking Wednesday at the European People's Party (EPP) Congress in Malta, Prime Minister Emil Dimit...
- 6:38 PM | VMRO-DPMNE's Gruevski: We're lobbying in Malta for Macedonia's strategic interests
A delegation of VMRO-DPMNE, led by the party's leader Nikola Gruevski, attends the Congress of the E...
- 6:01 PM | FM Poposki meets Maltese counterpart Vella
Macedonia's Vice-Premier and Foreign Minister Nikola Poposki held talks Wednesday in Valletta with h...