- Wednesday, January 11, 2017 8:49 AM
Tirana, 11 January 2017 (MIA) - Montenegrin Foreign Minister Srgjan Darmanovic said that the unresolved border demarcation with Kosovo is an internal matter for the Kosovans to settle. Darmanovic was speaking during his visit to Albania, where he said that Montenegro overall good relations with Kosovo.
"The issue of border demarcation is not a problem for us. It is an issue that is up to political forces in Kosovo to resolve. It's their internal problem", Darmanovic said at a joint press conference with Albanian Foreign Minister Ditmir Bushati.
Montenegro and Kosovo reached an agreement on border demarcation, but Kosovan opposition parties protested it, saying that it cedes land to Montenegro. Violent protests erupted around and inside the Kosovo Parliament to block the ratification of the treaty. This has affected the planned membership in NATO for Montenegro, which was approved by all NATO countries but is still being ratified.cc/08:48
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 8:55 PM | U.S. Congress to let Iran deadline pass, leave decision to Trump
The U.S. Congress will allow a deadline on re-imposing sanctions on Iran to pass this week, congress...
- 8:45 PM | France's Macron says world is losing battle against climate change
French President Emmanuel Macron on Tuesday told dozens of world leaders and company bosses gathered...
- 8:36 PM | Macedonia earmarks MKD six million in aid to flood-affected regions in Albania
Macedonia's government at its regular session on Tuesday has earmarked MKD six million (about EUR 97...
- 7:12 PM | Macedonia and Kosovo have no open issues, say Zaev and Thaci
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev after meeting Tuesday with Kosovo President Hashim Thaci said fresh opport...
- 6:52 PM | Ivanov-Temer: Macedonia, Brazil to boost economic cooperation
Possibilities have been created for advancing Macedonia-Brazil cooperation, in particular in the sph...