- Wednesday, January 11, 2017 8:49 AM
Tirana, 11 January 2017 (MIA) - Montenegrin Foreign Minister Srgjan Darmanovic said that the unresolved border demarcation with Kosovo is an internal matter for the Kosovans to settle. Darmanovic was speaking during his visit to Albania, where he said that Montenegro overall good relations with Kosovo.
"The issue of border demarcation is not a problem for us. It is an issue that is up to political forces in Kosovo to resolve. It's their internal problem", Darmanovic said at a joint press conference with Albanian Foreign Minister Ditmir Bushati.
Montenegro and Kosovo reached an agreement on border demarcation, but Kosovan opposition parties protested it, saying that it cedes land to Montenegro. Violent protests erupted around and inside the Kosovo Parliament to block the ratification of the treaty. This has affected the planned membership in NATO for Montenegro, which was approved by all NATO countries but is still being ratified.cc/08:48
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 8:28 PM | Germany says it 'cannot tolerate' Turkey's alleged spying on lawmaker
The German government "cannot tolerate" alleged Turkish spying against a member of its national parl...
- 8:12 PM | Bundestag Committee on European Affairs voices concern over developments in Macedonia
The Committee on European Affairs of Germany's Bundestag reviewed Wednesday a report of the Ministry...
- 7:48 PM | PM Dimitriev: Macedonia is loyal EU partner and should be its member
Speaking Wednesday at the European People's Party (EPP) Congress in Malta, Prime Minister Emil Dimit...
- 6:38 PM | VMRO-DPMNE's Gruevski: We're lobbying in Malta for Macedonia's strategic interests
A delegation of VMRO-DPMNE, led by the party's leader Nikola Gruevski, attends the Congress of the E...
- 6:01 PM | FM Poposki meets Maltese counterpart Vella
Macedonia's Vice-Premier and Foreign Minister Nikola Poposki held talks Wednesday in Valletta with h...