- Wednesday, January 11, 2017 8:49 AM
Tirana, 11 January 2017 (MIA) - Montenegrin Foreign Minister Srgjan Darmanovic said that the unresolved border demarcation with Kosovo is an internal matter for the Kosovans to settle. Darmanovic was speaking during his visit to Albania, where he said that Montenegro overall good relations with Kosovo.
"The issue of border demarcation is not a problem for us. It is an issue that is up to political forces in Kosovo to resolve. It's their internal problem", Darmanovic said at a joint press conference with Albanian Foreign Minister Ditmir Bushati.
Montenegro and Kosovo reached an agreement on border demarcation, but Kosovan opposition parties protested it, saying that it cedes land to Montenegro. Violent protests erupted around and inside the Kosovo Parliament to block the ratification of the treaty. This has affected the planned membership in NATO for Montenegro, which was approved by all NATO countries but is still being ratified.cc/08:48
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 5:32 PM | Putin appoints new ambassador to the United States
Russian President Vladimir Putin on Monday appointed deputy foreign minister Anatoly Antonov as the ...
- 5:30 PM | Serbia, too, can change its position about Macedonia's name issue, says FM Dacic
After Skopje has announced it would change its position on being neutral as regards Kosovo's UNESCO ...
- 5:14 PM | New German Ambassador to Macedonia hands over copy of credentials to FM Dimitrov
New German Ambassador to Macedonia Thomas Norbert Gerberich handed over Monday a copy of his credent...
- 4:48 PM | Spanish Ambassador to Macedonia Carranza pays farewell visit to FM Dimitrov
Spanish Ambassador to Macedonia Ramon Abaroa Carranza paid Monday a farewell visit to Foreign Minist...
- 3:57 PM | Assumption of the Mother of God (28 August) – non working day in Macedonia
The Assumption of the Mother of God - 28 August (Monday) - is a nonworking day for Orthodox faithful...