- Friday, September 25, 2015 1:05 PM
Skopje, 25 September 2015 (MIA) - About 100 Macedonian trucks are stuck at Serbia-Croatia border crossings due to their closure on both sides.
Transport association "Makamtrans" says a portion of the trucks not carrying Croatia-related commodities are let through, while the rest are directed to nearby parking lots.
Makamtrans urges truckers to use alternative routes through Bosnia&Herzegovina and Hungary.
Meanwhile, transport association AMERIT has said regional governments should urgently implement measures within internationally binding acts and conventions in the field.
"It is necessary to strictly observe international regulations in the sector of international trade and transport, as well as the related convention, thus bridging consequences of the five-day-long blockade of transporters at border crossings in Serbia and Croatia, where several hundred Macedonian trucks are stuck, suffering enormous losses", says AMERIT. ik/13:01
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:51 PM | Macedonia's Alagjozovski to attend informal conference of culture ministers in Davos
Ahead of the World Economic Forum, an informal conference for the ministers of culture from the sign...
- 4:11 PM | Mass protest in Thessaloniki against use of 'Macedonia' in name dispute with Skopje
Thousands of people, carrying banners with messages 'Macedonia was, will be Greek'; 'The name is our...
- 3:00 PM | There is room for improvement of language bill - French Ambassador Thimonier
French Ambassador Christian Timonie believes he isn't the only one who has failed to understand the ...
- 1:55 PM | Taliban claims responsibility for deadly assault at Kabul hotel
An Afghan official says an assault on the Intercontinental Hotel in Kabul has ended after more than ...
- 1:49 PM | Greek PM Tsipras: If there is an opportunity for a solution, it would be a national stupidity not to make good use of it
Under the title 'If there is an opportunity for a solution, it would be a national stupidity not to ...