- Monday, November 04, 2013 3:30 PM
Tirana, 4 November 2013 (MIA) - Greek President Karolos Papoulias and Albanian counterpart Bujar Nishani referred to the Macedonia name issue at Monday's meeting in Tirana.
"A mutually acceptable name with a geographic qualifier and for all uses must be found. I support the initiative over name 'Slav-Albanian Macedonia'", said Papoulias, reads the on-line edition of Tirana daily "Shekulli".
At the meeting, Papoulias voiced strong support for Albania's European integration, saying the Greek minority in Albania and vice versa represent a bridge connecting the two countries. ik/15:22
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 12:38 PM | Zaev believes Parliament session will pave way for an SDSM led Government
Zoran Zaev, leader of the Social Democratic Union of Macedonia (SDSM) said that he expects to form a...
- 9:36 AM | Dragan Dautovski’s concert opens Days of Macedonian Music festival
The 40th Days of Macedonian Music festival will open Monday evening with a concert of instrumental m...
- 9:33 AM | Businessmen from Mexico attend forum in Skopje
Businesses from Macedonia and Mexico will attend the ProMexico business and investment forum held pi...
- 9:28 AM | Macedonian actors join in celebrating World Theater Day
Macedonian theaters join in the celebration of the World Theater day on Monday, with director Blagoj...
- 9:22 AM | Last second goal brings Vardar a win against Buducnost
Vardar's women's handball team was able to beat Buducnost in the regional VRHL league, even though t...