- Monday, November 04, 2013 3:30 PM
Tirana, 4 November 2013 (MIA) - Greek President Karolos Papoulias and Albanian counterpart Bujar Nishani referred to the Macedonia name issue at Monday's meeting in Tirana.
"A mutually acceptable name with a geographic qualifier and for all uses must be found. I support the initiative over name 'Slav-Albanian Macedonia'", said Papoulias, reads the on-line edition of Tirana daily "Shekulli".
At the meeting, Papoulias voiced strong support for Albania's European integration, saying the Greek minority in Albania and vice versa represent a bridge connecting the two countries. ik/15:22
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:47 PM | CoE Muiznieks: Reconciliation stalled in Western Balkans
Council of Europe's Commissioner for Human Rights Nils Muiznieks voiced concern Tuesday that the rec...
- 7:52 PM | Debate on amendments to draft law on languages adjourned
The Committee on European Affairs adjourned Tuesday its debate on amendments to the draft law on lan...
- 7:23 PM | MATTO: Macedonia to bolster cooperation with Turkish regions
There is room for Macedonia and Turkey to at least triple their trade exchange, namely to increase i...
- 6:23 PM | PM Zaev in Belgrade - meetings with non-resident ambassadors, opposition DP leader Sutanovac
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev briefed Tuesday in Belgrade the non-resident ambassadors that also cover M...
- 5:21 PM | Robert Mugabe resigns as Zimbabwe's president after 37 years
Zimbabwe's Robert Mugabe resigned as president Tuesday after 37 years in power, as parliament began ...