- Tuesday, September 02, 2014 2:54 PM
Prilep, 2 September 2014 (MIA) - Representatives from over 25 tourism companies from North America and Western Europe, members of the Association for mountain tourism, visited the Treskavec monastery near Prilep to see the potential for tourism development. They were also joined by 6 journalists from international media organizations.
The group was able to visit the 18 century mountain-top monastery that overlooks the fertile Pelagonija valley. The monastery is well renowned as a paragliding and bouldering site. The visit was organized by the Macedonian Agency for Promotion and Support of Tourism and the Development Center of the Pelagonija Region.
Part of the visit includes tasting the local cuisine, introduction to the tradition and cultural events of the region and checking out the potential for adventure sports. The group also met with the mayor of Prilep Marjan Risteski and father Kalist from the monastery.cc/14:51
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:56 PM | Divisive political rhetoric a danger to the world, Amnesty says
Politicians who have used a divisive and dehumanised rhetoric are creating a more divided and danger...
- 8:49 PM | Montenegro's minister for European affairs resigns
Montenegro’s European Affairs Minister Aleksandar Andrija Pejovic resigned Thursday after the countr...
- 8:32 PM | New deadly raids rock rebel-held Eastern Ghouta
Syrian government forces are reported to have carried out a wave of air and artillery strikes on the...
- 8:25 PM | EC to promote renewed dynamics in relations with Western Balkan countries - spokesman
European Commission President Jean Claude Juncker is set to visit Western Balkan countries to promot...
- 6:40 PM | Alternate FM Katrougalos announces Greece's intention to support Macedonia's bid to join Adriatic-Ionian Initiative
Alternate Minister for Foreign Affairs Giorgos Katrougalos in a letter to the EU Commissioners in ch...